1.NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. Participating choirs of the McDonald’s Choir Showcase (hereafter referred to as “MCS”), by entering, agree to indemnify and hold McDonald’s Owner Operators of Macon, Georgia, Footman-Brewer Enterprises, LLC, Grace Magazine, showcase affiliates, agencies, media partners, all sponsors and any third parties, harmless from and against any claims and/or actions in connection with this promotion.
2. By entering the MCS, entrant, or their parents or legal guardian (if such entering choir consists of minors, to include 13 years old or younger; in which case a legal guardian/parent must provide permission for participation), agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of the SHOWCASE which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant must be a US resident of South Carolina at the time of entering to qualify for this promotion.
3. Enter at www.choirshowcase.com. Each entry must include:
A. Completed online entry form with a selected category from the three music genre options (Gospel, Praise and Worship and Christian Contemporary, see further details below);
B. A MP3 containing 1 song only, 5 minutes or less in length and either emailed directly to music@ChoirShowcase.com OR upload to a special FTP site for free at www.sendspace.com (follow instructions provided on this FTP site); For “how to upload or create an MP3” email music@ChoirShowcase.com or call the Showcase direct line at (843) 573-7975. C. MCS Participants must use original works OR receive use rights for copyright protected compositions. A copy of the permission must be provided. And while it is not mandatory in order to participate, register or enter, BUT if entering an original work you are solely responsible for the legalities of protecting your material. Churches may enter a maximum of one group in each category. There is no limit to the number churches that can participate. A. Categories iv. Gospel Choir: Consist of 12 or More Members; v. Praise & Worship Team: Consists of 6 to 12 Members; vi. Christian Contemporary Group: Consists of 3 to 6 Members. B. All entries must be received by: vii. Macon, Georgia – April 18th , 2016;
4. The entry will be reviewed by online listeners that are asked to listen to the music from the three categories and indicate which they think are the “best-of-the-best” in an online selection process.
5. The nine groups, one- three from each category, with the greatest support will become this year’s Finalists. The entire selection process will take place on the official MCS website www.choirshowcase.com. The three groups per category with the greatest number of online selections will be invited to perform at the televised McDonald’s Choir Showcase in their area.
6. The three groups per category selected by the public as the best-of-the-best will receive recognition, media coverage and appear at area McDonald’s Restaurants to build awareness for their churches and ministries. These three groups per category will perform at the MCS Concert (see official schedule for details) which will be recorded for a subsequent TV broadcast and issued as a commemorative DVD. A. Showcase Dates & Locations: . Macon, Georgia, Sunday June 12th, Macon City Auditorium
7. All participating groups will receive complimentary passes to attend (passes are allocated for participating choir members ONLY; a full list of each active choir member and groups participating in the showcase must be provided immediately following your invitation to perform at the showcase). A. Additional appearances, to include but not limited to: .Mandatory Conference Call to discuss details as a finalist representative i. Performance at an area McDonald’s (details forthcoming) ii. Rehearsal(s) with MCS Music Producer & MCS Music Director iii. Media Interviews and Appearances iv. Event Promotion within Church and Community, etc.
8. Showcase Participants are allowed to enter one song per choir. The participating groups MUST be affiliated with a church (i.e. independent groups, community choirs, etc.). It is entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the submitted song is complete and playable.
9. The MCS is open to all choirs and anyone regardless of Christian denomination (Baptist, Assembly of God, COGIC, etc.).
10. The Finalists will be chosen by fans and supporters as stated above. A. Prizes: the best-of-the-best will receive: .Opportunity to perform during the televised McDonald’s Choir Showcase i. A listing in the special Grace Magazine McDonald’s Choir Showcase program guide ii. Feature on McDonald’s Choir Showcase Commemorative DVD iii. Additional Media Publicity & Interviews iv. Featured on McDonald’s Choir Showcase, Grace Magazine and/or any other 3rd party partner websites
11. Entry constitutes permission to use the entrants and winners’ names, images, likeness and voices for future publicity and advertising purposes without compensation.
12. The MCS reserves the right to extend the deadline of the showcase if needed.
13. Entrant agrees that should his or her choir’s song be selected as a best-of-the-best for that category, McDonald’s Owner Operators of Macon, Georgia, Footman-Brewer Enterprises, LLC, Grace Magazine, showcase affiliates, media partners, all sponsors shall have the right to include the finalist’s song and or other online entries on a McDonald’s & Footman-Brewer Enterprises, LLC Commemorative DVD to be used for future promotional purposes.
14. Entrant agrees that should his or her choir’s song be selected as a best-of-the-best for that category, becoming one of the nine finalists, that their entire group will make themselves available for rehearsals as scheduled by the SHOWCASE in order to insure the highest possible level of performance and coordination with other elements of the concert presentation.
15. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official SHOWCASE Guidelines Rules as established herein. These rules may be changed by the SHOWCASE to ensure fairness and/or the original intent of the promotion.
16. Entrant understands that failure to abide by the provisions of these rules may result in disqualification from the SHOWCASE at its discretion. REMEMBER: The Finalists will perform their songs at the televised McDonald’s Choir Showcase and must adhere to all the rules, rehearsals and appearances referenced above (finalists will be announced and notified).